Intigua virtualizes the management layer, de-coupling agents from the underlying server infrastructure for the first time and eliminating the need to install physical agents on servers. By encapsulating agents in self-contained virtual containers – similar to VMDKs – Intigua makes ongoing management tasks such as provisioning and updating agents as simple as copying a single “virtual agent” file to all required servers. And by developing a new abstraction layer for enterprise management, Intigua transforms existing management applications into dynamic, policy-based data center services that are much simpler to provision and control.
Intigua also takes it one step further by orchestrating the complex interactions that are required to properly configure the backend logic for each management application. Though virtualizing and de- coupling the agents from the underlying server infrastructure solves a formidable problem there is still substantial challenge in managing each application's unique logic including endpoint registration, configuration, task execution, policies and other associated settings required for an agent to function properly and within corporate guidelines. Intigua helps lower cost, increase agility, improve uptime, performance and security by:
- Ensuring critical agents are deployed and running properly at all times.
- “Sandboxing” agents in virtual containers to control their usage of VM resources (CPU, memory, I/O) and prevent outages due to misbehaving agents.
- Automating manual installation and configuration processes, thereby reducing the potential for human error and eliminating legacy approval processes that slow down ongoing tasks such as VM provisioning.
- Ensuring target servers and their respective agents are held to operational policies and remediated when necessary. Configuration consistency across all servers.
- Ensuring each agent's backend server is properly configured to be aware of new agents and that necessary registrations, tasks, jobs, security, policies, etc are in place.